This client, a facilities management company was awarded a national contract for maintenance services. They needed a company experienced in managing employee transfers under TUPE.
To transfer over 150 staff from 18 different employers into one single employer entity. The transfer resulted from the client being awarded a national contract for maintenance services; previously these services were supplied via locally managed contracts with specialist mechanical and electrical service contractors.
Our HR Consultants are experienced in the management of employee transfers resulting from acquisitions and ‘contracting out’ exercises under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE). We have managed the transfer of more than 2,000 staff from one employer to another under these Regulations.
- Established contact with ‘outgoing’ employers to identify those employees affected by the transfer and to determine whether employees would transfer.
- Requested and obtained employee data relating to transferring employees from their employers.
- Undertook a detailed review on the data obtained from 18 ‘outgoing’ employers in order to establish pay rates, terms and conditions of service, employment benefits, pension provision, bonus schemes arrangements, etc.
- Undertook a series of communication and consultation exercises with affected employees; making presentations to employees about TUPE, their new employer, new employment arrangements and the changes anticipated from the introduction of a national service supply arrangement.
- Engaged in ‘one to one’ meetings with transferring staff as part of the employee consultation and information gathering exercise.
- Determined and continually monitored the headcount ‘shortfall’.
- Supported an external recruitment exercise; advertising, liaison with recruitment consultancies, selection interviews, issuing contracts of employment.
- Established new and transferring employees onto the Client’s payroll and managed the provision of employee benefit arrangements.
- Undertook a comparison of employees’ terms and conditions of employment as part of the client’s cost identification and change management programme.
- Supported the client’s management team in terms of the practical application of TUPE and provision of employment advice and assistance.