I am often asked, “how will I know if now is the right time to outsource accounting?” This question is akin to “how long is a piece of string?” – there are no hard and fast rules because of the variables of each individual business. There are however tangible business drivers and it will be one of these which, probably subconsciously, has provoked the questioner to ask this question in the first place.
If you relate to one of the following, now would be the right time to find to outsource accounting:
- Rapidly growing or contracting businesses (quite often wanting to vary the costs of finance and accounting)
- You want a smaller highly focused team concentrating 100% on developing great products and services and delivering these profitably – all the other clutter of business you want someone else to take care of.
- The business cannot afford a full-time Finance Director so the CEO is trying (and often failing) to fulfil this role – whilst also trying to grow the business
- Lack of, or poor quality, management finance and accounting information
- Experiencing high rates of staff turnover or skills shortage
- The business needs to generate operational efficiencies
Incidentally, outsourcing doesn’t require firing existing staff and starting again or binning the in-house finance systems. At Isosceles we provide outsourced accounting at our site or yours, on our web-based systems or yours, using your personnel and/or ours. We also deliver a service tailored to each client’s individual requirements – this is not a ‘one service fits all’.
(Image Source: Shutterstock)